Geopolitical Risk getting bigger

dan_s

Geopolitical Risk getting bigger

Post by dan_s »

I get a newsletter from the Middle East that is extremely accurate about what is going on over there. Our cable news networks are focused on Trump, anyone who drank beer in high school or who wore black face 30 years ago to spend time reporting real news.

A new report caught my eye:
Iran backs a group in Iraq called the "PMU Militia". Iran has armed the PMU with missiles that can reach Israel from the Anbar province in Western Iraq. My source says that "Israel has no choice but to send the IDF (their air force) into action in western Iraq to remove the missile threat." The PMU is not a small band of terrorist. They are trained and heavily armed by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. If Israel attacks the PMU, they will be killing lots of Iranians.

Apparently the new missiles are extremely accurate, capable of hitting targets anywhere in Israel.

On January 9th U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo went to Baghdad to deliver a stern message to the Iraqi Prime Minister. He was told that Trump would not stand for the PMU dominating Iraq's national security or any attacks on Israel coming out of Iraq. In other words, "take care of the PMU, our we will."
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group