COViD-19 Virus Update - Feb 28

dan_s

COViD-19 Virus Update - Feb 28

Post by dan_s »

Per Johns Hopkins University: The number of active cases of COVID-19 continues to fall. Why is this not being reported by the media???
Check for yourself here: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6

The number of "Active Cases" of people infected with the COVID-19 virus is equal to > Confirmed Cases - Patients that have fully recovered - Patients that have died.

Feb 27:
82,541 Total Confirmed Cases to date
-33,212 People that have Totally Recovered and who have been released from hospitals
- 2,810 Death
46,519 Active Cases still being treated / under quarantine

Feb 28:
83,867 Total Confirmed Cases to date
-36,686 People that have Totally Recovered and who have been released from hospitals
- 2,867 Death
44,314 Active Cases still being treated / under quarantine

46,519 - 44,314 = 2,205 decline in "Active Cases"

I have been watching the Johns Hopkins University stats on COVID-19 for two weeks. This week there has been a significant slow down in deaths and a significant increase in the number of people that have fully recovered. I'm not seeing this reported by the media anywhere. Why?
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
dan_s

Re: COViD-19 Virus Update - Feb 28

Post by dan_s »

Note from Luke Burgess at "Energy and Capital" on 2/28/2020

Mainstream financial media needed something to blame for the sell-off. The last thing they want to tell you is markets are overbought. That's simply because mainstream financial media are permabulls with a vested interest in getting you to buy stocks.

The coronavirus was simply an easy target to blame that couldn't argue back. Besides, it makes for good clickbait.

I believe there's also a laziness factor at play. Very often, mainstream media just repeats what competitors say; they just regurgitate easy and popular answers. < MY TAKE: CNN's track record is terrible and they are fighting for their lives to get more viewers. They are going to milk COVID-19 for every bit of FEAR they can get out of it. Since the Dems efforts to impeach Trump failed, CNN has nothing else to fill 24 hours of day of "new". NOTHING draws in more viewers than FEAR.

At worst, major media and financial outlets are purposely blaming coronavirus because they estimate (as do many others) the outbreak will most likely just turn out to be another flash in the pan virus — like swine flu or bird flu. And once the rest of the world figures that out, they know they can convince you to keep pumping the market up more and more.

Don't buy into it folks. Hype is real. And it creates bubbles that eventually bust.

So what now?

Well, with a 14% pullback in both the Dow and S&P 500, and the media just now beginning to swing to the "sell everything now" narrative, it's probably a good time to start buying. A market correction is defined by a 10% pullback. However, of the 26 market corrections since WWII, the average correction saw a 13.7% decline. So I think it is time to start cautiously buying again.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group