Hemisphere Energy Update - Feb 25

dan_s

Hemisphere Energy Update - Feb 25

Post by dan_s »

Here is what I found out today:
> Hemisphere is close to getting up-listed from the pink sheets to the OTCQB. Every Canadian company that I've owned before has gone up more than 50% soon after it listed on the OTCQB.
> Hemisphere will host a webinar for us soon after they are up-listed and finalize their 2021 drilling program.
> Morgan Stanley's top energy sector analyst now expects Brent to reach $70/bbl in Q3 2021. That would push my valuation of HMENF to $1.50US per share.
> Brent opened at $67/bbl this morning.

If you'd like to read the full Morgan Stanly report on their increased oil price forecast, send me an email and I will forward it to you: dmsteffens@comcast.net
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
cmm3rd

Re: Hemisphere Energy Update - Feb 25

Post by cmm3rd »

Thanks, Dan, for this information. A few questions about the anticipated up-listing to "OTCQB."

First, are you referring to just the HMENF shares that trade in the US via OTC Market, or also to HME, traded in Canada on the TSX Venture Exchange? Having found that OTCQB is for certain penny stocks trading in the US, I infer that their up-listing will pertain to just HMENF, not also to HME. Is that correct?

If not, is the company seeking to up-list HME trading in Canada, as well? If so, do you know to which exchange?

Apparently HMENF currently trades as a "pink sheet," the lowest tier of the OTC Market. OTCQB, the listing sought, is the "middle tier" of the OTC Market. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/otcqb.asp So, is it correct that with an up-listing (to OTCQB) HMENF would continue to trade in OTC Markets, just at a higher (the middle, or "Venture") tier?

Does the upward price adjustment you referred to generally result from the fact that investors are more willing to invest in shares that trade on OTCQB than pink sheet stocks (perception of not quite as high risk?), and/or that there are analysts who are willing to cover OTCQB listed companies, but not pink sheet companies (more information disclosed by OTCQB listed companies)?

What typically would need to happen in order for analysts to cover Hemisphere? Would the company have to list on the highest tier (OTCQX) or on a major exchange in either Canada or the US?

Thanks.
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Lots of funds and investors won't or can't invest in pink sheet stocks. Don did not say anything about uplisting in Canada. Send your questions directly to him if you wish. He will respond.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Ryan_wassink

Post by Ryan_wassink »

Dan, just curious...what are some of the other Canadian Oil names that you've owned in the past that have gone up 50% after OTCQB? Thanks
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

TransGlobe Energy (TGA) was the biggest winner I ever picked. It went from $0.33 to over $20.00, with most of it coming after it uplisted. Of course the uplisting only draws more attention to the company. They must preform to make a big move like TGA did. TGA is a much different company today and I have taken a hard look at it in years. I probably should.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group