Chaparral Energy (CHAP) Update - April 7

dan_s

Chaparral Energy (CHAP) Update - April 7

Post by dan_s »

Anna, one of our Top Shelf MBA's from SMU, updated our profile on Chaparral Energy (CHAP), but I let it fall through the cracks. I posted it to the EPG website today. Note that the profile is dated 3/25/29. I finished reviewing it the evening before Susan's back surgery and I just forgot to send it out during all of the confusion that week. BTW Susan is doing very well and ahead of her recovery expectations.

CHAP closed on Friday, April 5 at $5.40. That compares to First Call's Target Price of $18.38. Stifel rated it a STRONG BUY with a $23 price target in December.

Chaparral has very little analysts' coverage. There are only three reports included in the Reuters / First Call valuation and they are all dated prior to when the company released their 4th quarter results that show full-year 2018 earnings $0.61/share and $2.05/share Cash Flow From Operations. Based on the low end of their production guidance, Chaparral's production should be up 21.8% YOY in 2019.

If Chaparral's 1st quarter results confirm the assumptions used in my forecast/valuation model, it will be added to our Small-Cap Growth Portfolio.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group