Aegis Hedging Solutions, LLC update - Dec 18

dan_s

Aegis Hedging Solutions, LLC update - Dec 18

Post by dan_s »

Aegis is a private company, but I wanted to let you guys know that they are an extremely valuable resource for me. They have a knowledge of the commodity markets that I haven't seen anywhere else. They have monthly webinars of their own. I will be sending out information on how to register for their future events.

Press Release: Aegis Hedging Solutions, LLC (December 18, 2020)
Earlier today, we announced the acquisition of Risked Revenue Energy Associates (“R^2”). We are incredibly excited to integrate the R^2 team and capabilities into AEGIS and build on upon our existing relationships.

With the acquisition of R^2, AEGIS now advises over 280 upstream oil and gas entities producing over 6,700,000 BOE/D of crude oil, natural gas and NGLs. Collectively, our team advised on over 92,000 hedge positions in the last 12 months. However, our respective value propositions have been quite different. R^2 has a very powerful set of patented analytics that are used to guide hedging decisions. AEGIS takes a more fundamental view of the energy markets and has built out market-leading technology.

As Wayne and I discussed our respective approaches, we quickly realized that robust analytics combined with objective fundamental analysis, all powered by technology, is the right approach to developing and executing a hedge strategy. Importantly, we found full alignment on bringing transparency to markets and avoiding all real or perceived conflicts of interest.

We believe the combined firm will house the largest energy hedge book in the world, resulting in unmatched data and market insights, increased access to resources, and a combined R&D budget to continually enhance technology.

Last month, we announced the acquisition of Nexidus Commodities, a leading provider of metals hedging. Both acquisitions have built on AEGIS’ leadership position in commodity and rate hedging.

We would certainly be honored to work with you. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out for our thoughts or insights. We look forward to connecting soon.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group