Goodrich Petroleum (GDP) Update - March 26

dan_s

Goodrich Petroleum (GDP) Update - March 26

Post by dan_s »

An update profile and forecast/valuation model for Goodrich Petroleum has been posted to the EPG website. You can view it directly from the home page or click on the Small-Cap tab.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Fraser921

Re: Goodrich Petroleum (GDP) Update - March 26

Post by Fraser921 »

The name has been totally ignored. Ar was 8.75 yesterday, today 10.50, meanwhile GDP anguishes low 9's

They will surprise when quarterly earnings come out.
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

GDP is a MUCH SMALLER company than AR. The Wall Street Gang spends very little time looking at companies this small.

This is an example of why you pay me the "BIG BUCKS". Small-Caps do have more risk, but when I can find ones that are grossly undervalued, that is where we have the best chance of doubles, triples and occasionally home runs. CPE is up 191% YTD and 651% since 4/10/2020. Several of the Wall Street Gang hammered CPE for the merger with Carrizo. Because I had followed both companies for over five years, I thought it was a "win-win" for shareholders of both companies. 2020 the goal was to survive. 2021 is the year a lot of the small-caps THRIVE and GDP is set to do so. They will report a big increase in production from Q4 to Q1.

If any of you have not watched our webinar hosted by GDP on March 12th I highly recommend that you do so. You can watch it directly from the EPG home page.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Fraser921

Post by Fraser921 »

People must think this is an oil company

As I write this, crude is down 2 % and NG is up 2 %.

Given that Goodrich Petroleum is a dry NG play it should be higher on higher NG prices. Instead, its following oil down

Maybe they should change their name
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Small-caps like GDP have low trading volume and thus less Wall Street coverage. ~60% of their 2021 dry gas is hedged at ~$2.52, which should lock in close to $7/share of operating cash flow.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group