Watch List Update: Vertex Energy (VTNR)

dan_s

Watch List Update: Vertex Energy (VTNR)

Post by dan_s »

This small-cap is VERY HIGH on my Watch List. The note below is from Stifel's Research Department this morning.

Vertex Energy, Inc. (VTNR, $5.66, Buy; Target $14.00)
VTNR: Updating the Business Transformation Outlook - Michael E. Hoffman at Stifel

We maintain our Buy rating and lower the target price to $14 on Vertex Energy (VTNR, Buy, $5.66) given the decline in credits/subsidies values and virtually no correlated price adjustment for soybean crush. We do not believe the Shell deal is at risk despite the Sept 22 news VNTR is pushing the close into 1Q22. We believe the sale of the used oil assets (UMO) to CLH is held up by an FTC second request slowing the HSR approval timing. We believe the UMO deal is not at risk given CLH has no relevant processing capacity in the Gulf Coast and even combining the used oil collection of both businesses, CLH cannot fully internalize the supply to the processing capacity being bought. For Investors owning VTNR on the transition to renewable diesel means gaining comfort about subsidies, access to feedstock and the operating cost per barrel vs the peer group.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
mkarpoff

Re: Watch List Update: Vertex Energy (VTNR)

Post by mkarpoff »

There is a fellow on SA who understands, and writes about this company. Their story is one of the most convoluted I have ever read, not to mention that they are transitioning into a brand new entity. If you can figure out if it is a worthy investment, you are a better man than I.