Black Stone Minerals (BSM) for High Yield - Oct 4

dan_s

Black Stone Minerals (BSM) for High Yield - Oct 4

Post by dan_s »

I am finishing up my review of the updated profile on BSM that was prepared by Nataly, one of our super sharp MBAs from SMU. Nataly is one of four MBA's that do a great job updating our profiles. She grew up in Russia and now she is the mother of three beautiful girls living in Dallas.

BSM is one of three minerals companies in our High Yield Income Portfolio. It is an MLP that has a production mix of approximately 25% crude oil and 75% natural gas and NGLs that it reports on a combined basis.

At the time of this post, BSM is trading for $12.33.

On 9/2/2021 Raymond James analyst John Freeman maintained a Buy rating on Black Stone Minerals (NYSE:BSM) on Thursday, setting a price target of $17.00. < Note that natural gas and NGL prices have move much higher than they were a month ago.

Freeman expects Black Stone Minerals to post earnings per share (EPS) of $0.05 for the third quarter of 2021. < TipRanks Q3 EPS forecast has increased to $0.14 and my EPS forecast has increased to $0.20.

As of 10/4/2021 per TipRanks: In the last 3 months, 5 ranked analysts set 12-month price targets for BSM. The average price target among the analysts is $12.70. Their price targets range from $10.50 to $17.00.

In its latest earnings report, released on 06/30/2021, BSM reported a quarterly revenue of $58.44 million and a net profit of $17.03 million. The company's market cap is $2.15 billion.

According to TipRanks.com, Raymond James analyst John Freeman is currently ranked with 4 stars on a 0-5 stars ranking scale, with an average return of 7.7% and a 44.44% success rate.

Black Stone Minerals LP is an exploration company. The firm engages in the exploration of oil and natural gas minerals. It focuses in the operation of Louisiana-Mississippi Salt Basins, Western Gulf, Permian Basin, Palo Duro Basin, East Texas Basin, Anadarko Basin, Appalachian Basin, Arkoma Basin, Bend Arch-Fort Worth, and Southwestern Wyoming. The company was founded in 1876 and is headquartered in Houston, TX.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group