Watch List: CRT

dan_s

Watch List: CRT

Post by dan_s »

For investors primarily interested in HIGH YIELD.

Check out Cross Timbers Royalty Trust (CRT).

http://www.crosstimberstrust.com/pages/about.html

I'm in the process of building a High Yield Portfolio to complement our Sweet 16 Growth Portfolio. As I come across companies, MLPs and Trusts that look solid and generate high yield I will post them here. Keep in mind that I have not done any due diligence on these companies so make a careful review on your own before you invest.

Dan
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
geneb

Re: Watch List: CRT

Post by geneb »

I have a concern about CRT's... 1st I'd like to clarify what CRT's are. Many folks will say (and I'm one of them) that CRT's are by definition "E & P Cos" so this is the area of my concern. (All other trusts are "income" trusts.) I just finished updating my CRT SS, there are now 14 of them, 33 I think before the "halloween massacre". Almost without exception prod/share is going down, some drastically. The most glaring example is PVX, this co appears to be evaporating. Higher oil prices saves them for awhile but this can't go on forever! Much better off in US or CA Jrs, KOG, NOG, ARN.V, etc.

There are however many good income trusts and reits as I'm sure Dan will point out, one to watch is WRKUF, another STUXF.

Gene
dan_s

Re: Watch List: CRT

Post by dan_s »

CRT is one particular royalty trust that was set up by Cross Timbers (now XTO Energy and soon to merge into Exxon). Yes, this and all royalty trusts are basicly E&P companies that contain depleting assets. Their distributions are highly dependent on oil & gas prices.

When I have more time (which never seems to happen) I want to build a High Yield Portfolio for EPG.

Please continue to share with us some of your favorites.

Dan
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group