EPG Forum Rules

dan_s

EPG Forum Rules

Post by dan_s »

From time-to-time we all need to be reminded of these rules.

EPG Forum Rules

1. Be respectful of other’s opinions
2. No profanity or name calling
3. Stay on topic
4. No blaming others for your investment gains or losses. We are all 100% responsible for our investment decisions.
5. Don’t try to sell yourself or your products here. Set up your own website if you want to do that.

It only takes a few bad apples to destroy a good chat room. I will not let it happen here. We have and we will restrict access to EPG members that violate these rules.

It is fine to “debate” others opinions and it is definitely fine to question my valuation of a particular stock. However, it is not fine to disagree without any reasons. There is no value to telling someone that their opinion is wrong without giving reasons why you believe it is wrong.

If you disagree with one of my stock valuations, tell me specifically what you see that is wrong in the forecast/valuation model. I have made mistakes in the forecast models before and I am thankful that some of our members review them closely and call the errors to my attention. I am far from perfect.

The analysis, information and opinions on this website are for informational purposes only. No part of the material presented here is intended as an investment recommendation or investment advice. Only you know your investment goals and risk tolerance. None of us are here to pick stocks for you. EPG should just be one source of information that you use.
• Keep in mind that EPG is not compensated by any of the companies that we discuss here, other than some of them do pay to host our luncheons in Dallas and Houston.
• Stock valuations are my opinions based on assumptions about production volumes, expenses and commodity prices use in financial models.
• “Stuff happens” in all industries that can quickly change the outlook for an industry or a particular company.

Predicting the future is hard work and often wrong. I do not know for sure where oil, gas or NGL prices are going to be a month from now, much less a year from now. However, to value an upstream company’s stock I must make commodity price assumptions. If you disagree with those assumptions, you can change them in the Excel spreadsheets. The forecast models are valuable tools and the EPG members who know how to use them should benefit.

Bottom Line: Be respectful and thoughtful in your comments.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group