Is this a viable technology?

par_putt

Is this a viable technology?

Post by par_putt »

New tech for re-frac?
Steve Wehrenberg I appreciate all the questions about our new re-stimulation product. We are testing the product now with great results. The SwellFrac product is a swelling elastomer designed to seal off perforation tunnels. We bullhead the blend from surface, the material flows with the bullhead fluid into the perforation tunnels where it bridges off. Over the course of 48-72 hours the product begins swelling out and once completely swelled an impermeable plug is formed.

Why is it important to seal off the perforation tunnel?

Through the course of the original stimulation the casing is pressure cycled multiple times, every stage that is pumped the casing is swelled crushing the annular cement and it creates fractures in the cement job- this is assuming there is even a good homogeneous cement job in place to begin with. Once new perforations are shot the new stimulation can migrate behind the casing and enter the previously frac’d area. This is why ball sealers and diversions don’t work very well and operators get mediocre results on some re-Frac jobs.

Once we have the old perforation tunnel sealed off the Frac fluid can migrate to the old perf cluster but can not make it through the new seal.

The simplicity of the product is why we are so excited about it. It requires ZERO downhole intervention, NO chemicals to mix- and the product goes exactly where it needs to go 100% of the time.

We will wrap up testing soon with our partners and will be seeking a new strategic partner to license the product through. We are a technology company with multiple other tools we are working on at the moment. This is a fantastic bolt on service to stimulation companies, P&A companies or operators looking to set the standard and establish themselves as the leader in re-frac.

How can an executive of a company go to their shareholders and explain they are going to increase production without drilling new wells? With SwellFrac.

Why would operators spend $4-$20MM per well and leave behind half the reservoir? We can help recover the remaining hydrocarbons.

For more information you can reach me at the following.

Steve Wehrenberg
swehrenberg@wwiptech.com
dan_s

Re: Is this a viable technology?

Post by dan_s »

Stuff like this is "beyond my pay grade".

I think they are talking about something that is pumped into an old horizontal well prior to a re-frac attempt. This is not something used on completion of new wells.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group