Just like Dr. Joe said

John.A.Hunt

Just like Dr. Joe said

Post by John.A.Hunt »

Re: Natural Gas market

Not that I wish a cold wave on anyone, but the cold front came sweeping down the plain as Dr. Joe said.
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Tem ... rrent.aspx
(as of 8:45 am 11/10, Chicago 21 degrees, K.C 15 degrees)

Now if the seasonal weather pattern would shift a tad further east, in order to dump the now-traditional several feet of snow and ice on those "global warming/climate change" conferences. 8-)
dan_s

Re: Just like Dr. Joe said

Post by dan_s »

Why do most of the Democrats believe that weather forecasters who cannot accurately predict the weather ten days from now, know what the Earth's temperature will be ten years from now? Honestly, I don't get it. Al Gore said all of the polar bears would be dead by now and the oceans would be two feet higher. None of it has happened and my guess is that none of it will. When do FACTS take the place of PREDICTIONS?

God put a big bright star (our sun) the perfect distance from the Earth to regulate our temperature. It does a darn good job. Plus, the Earth has several self-regulating systems that keep temperatures fairly consistent from decade to decade.

As Dr. Joe points out on a regular basis, the ocean sea surface temperatures (not CO2) control most of the weather patterns. He seems very confident in his winter forecast of a much colder than normal winter in the Eastern 2/3rds of the U.S. If Dr. Joe is right, we will see much higher natural gas and propane prices than any of the "experts" predicted for 2019 just a few months ago.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
grimaldi

Post by grimaldi »

Today is the first cool day in New York this fall--- all this season, we've had warm Indian summer weather, as I walk to work I saw men in shirtsleeves on the sidewalk right up until Friday---- I'm sure NY gas traders notice this, even as they get weather reports from everywhere.
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

See Dr. Joe's Saturday Summary for Nov 10. He is now predicting a major storm moving up the east coast that could bring a lot of snow to the Northeast next weekend. See his report at https://www.weatherbell.com/premium/

BTW the Great Lakes region burns the most natural gas for space heating, not the New England area. Top five states for natural gas demand are Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Minn and Wis. Texas is #6.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group