Newfield NFX merger

grimaldi

Newfield NFX merger

Post by grimaldi »

Apparently the merger became completed today, because TDAmeritrade is listing NFX as an 'invalid symbol'.
I guess they don't recognize whatever is the symbol of the company that bought it,
because they are pretending the 300 shares I had in NFX doesn't exist.
dan_s

Re: Newfield NFX merger

Post by dan_s »

EnCana's symbol is ECA. It is a former Sweet 16 with lots of upside that got even better via merger with Newfield.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
grimaldi

Post by grimaldi »

Thanks, I'll send off a nasty email to TDA's customer service department demanding my ECA shares--- how ever many they are.
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

EnCana (ECA) is a strong candidate for addition to our Sweet 16 later this year. ECA was in the Sweet 16 about ten years ago. It is one of the largest upstream companies in North America.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Encana and Newfield’s strategic combination receives shareholder approvals

CALGARY, Alberta, Feb. 12, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Encana Corporation (Encana) (TSX, NYSE: ECA) and Newfield Exploration Company (Newfield) (NYSE: NFX) announced that the proposals necessary for the companies’ planned strategic combination were approved at the special shareholder meetings held today. The transaction will create North America’s premier resource company.

The transaction is expected to close on February 13, 2019, subject to satisfaction of remaining customary closing conditions. Newfield stockholders will receive 2.6719 Encana common shares for each share of Newfield common stock. Upon completion of the transaction, Encana shareholders prior to the merger will own approximately 63.5 percent and Newfield stockholders prior to the merger will own approximately 36.5 percent of the combined company.

Encana Corporation
Encana is a leading North American energy producer that is focused on developing its strong portfolio of resource plays, held directly and indirectly through its subsidiaries, producing oil, natural gas liquids (NGLs) and natural gas. By partnering with employees, community organizations and other businesses, Encana contributes to the strength and sustainability of the communities where it operates. Encana common shares trade on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges under the symbol ECA.

Newfield Exploration Company
Newfield Exploration Company is an independent energy company engaged in the exploration, development and production of crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGLs). Our U.S. operations are onshore and focus primarily on large scale, liquids-rich resource plays in the Anadarko Basin of Oklahoma, the Williston Basin of North Dakota and the Uinta Basin of Utah. In addition, we have oil assets offshore China, and gas assets in the Arkoma Basin of Oklahoma.

Further information on Encana Corporation is available on the company’s website, www.encana.com,
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
grimaldi

Post by grimaldi »

My concern was mostly for tax reasons.

This was structured as a sale of NFX and purchase of ECA---
it was not immediately clear to me, thought it would just be bookkeeping as a split/name change---
the last thing I needed was more tax loss.

But now at least, the position is showing a short-term gain, which I do need.

I guess I was just impatient expecting TDA to have everything posted immediately.
Thanks for the info.