Surgery Status

dave_n

Surgery Status

Post by dave_n »

Dan,

I'm hoping your wife's surgery was successful and she's doing well.

Keep us posted.

Dave
dan_s

Re: Surgery Status

Post by dan_s »

Susan was in surgery all morning to clean up her back and put in some rods and screws to align and stabilize her lower back. Dr.Wood said everything went perfectly. She just needs to do her rehab and be careful so the hardware sets. Rehab takes ~12 weeks.

She will be in the hospital for at least one night, depending on how she feels in the morning.

I am working from her room.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
dave_n

Post by dave_n »

Dan, that's great news. I hope Susan has a speedy recovery!
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Dr. Wood came by this morning. He said everything with the back looks good, but Susan has lost a full unit of blood and her blood pressure is low.
BP actually came up 30 minutes after he left.
Susan is walking and able to go to the bathroom on her own.
My guess is that they keep her in the hospital one more night because of the BP issue. Two night in the hospital was the original plan.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Susan did much better this afternoon. Walked all the way to the end of the hall. The plan is to get her home tomorrow.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Susan will need to spend a third night in the hospital because her blood count is still too low. They have given her an iron supplement and will check again in the morning.

She does seem to be getting better and walks slowly all around the floor. The PT lady was a bit tough on her today, going over and over how to get in and out of bed and how to sit down and get up. No bending or twisting her back for six weeks will be tough. Getting dressed and going to the bathroom will be "FUN".

This hospital is super nice and all of nurses are fantastic. I think every nation on earth is represented on their staff!
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group