Why do New Yorkers keep voting for Democrats???

dan_s

Why do New Yorkers keep voting for Democrats???

Post by dan_s »

Cuomo’s silly war on natural gas . National Review

Thanks to the shale revolution, the United States is awash in natural gas. Since 2005, domestic gas production has nearly doubled, and American companies are now sending liquefied natural gas all over the world, including Chile and China. And pretty soon, U.S. liquid natural gas will be on its way to, of all places, Saudi Arabia. But good luck getting that gas in Yonkers or New Rochelle. Thanks to Governor Andrew Cuomo’s continuing blockade on new gas pipelines, New York consumers aren’t benefiting from this low-cost, low-carbon fuel. Instead, places such as Westchester County, along with parts of New England, are facing moratoriums on new gas hookups. In addition, earlier this month, with approval from Cuomo, New York legislators passed the Climate and Community Protection Act, which requires 70 percent of the state’s electricity to come from renewables by 2030 and an 85 percent reduction in greenhouse-gas emissions by 2050. Cuomo’s energy policies may be aggressive, but they are also going to hammer the New York economy and New York consumers.

My son's inlaws live in an area of New York that doesn't have access to natural gas. They burn wood for space heating in the winter and they are in an area that gets very cold. Burning wood is much more poluting than burning natural gas for space heating. They have been trying to sell their home for over a year, but so many people are moving out of the area that housing prices are depressed.

I thank God each morning for getting me to Texas. I grew up in St. Louis and the neighborhood I grew up in is now run by gangs.

If Cuomo actually cared about air quality and the quality of life in New York, he would be doing everything he could to get more natural gas into the state.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
John.A.Hunt

Re: Why do New Yorkers keep voting for Democrats???

Post by John.A.Hunt »

Remember MA importing LNG from Russia?
Perhaps NE dems are "colluding" with Mr. Putin, sending him all that money . . . :?
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... ew-england
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Lots of Tier One Marcellus Shale sits under South Central NY, but the Democrats will not allow fracking when just south of the border the mineral owners in PA are getting rich.

Buying LNG from Russia is better, REALLY!

I grew up in St. Louis and one of my jobs when I was 12-13 was going around our neighborhood and making sure the old ladies that lived near us had enough coal to keep them warm in the winter. About half the people heated with coal and the other half had oil furnaces. When I was ~16 we converted to natural gas.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
grimaldi

Post by grimaldi »

New Yorkers, and the people of every large city will keep voting for Democrats, because a huge percentage of the population is poor
--- whether they work or are on public assistance---
The number of hedge fund managers are vastly outnumbered by the number of bicycle messengers, people working in fast food, people cleaning hotel rooms, senior citizens getting Meals On Wheels.
The poor have little time or interest in figuring out how or whether natural gas would help their bring their utility bills down, because they don't pay for gas/electric/heat--either the City or the landlord pays.
The poor care about stuff like minimum wage, welfare benefits
--- and there are millions of them here to match the hundreds of billionaires here
--- And its 'one man, one vote' here in the U.S.

So who's buying all the luxury apartments? Some are sold to Chinese investors, certainly.
Many are sold to people who keep their tax-paying addresses in other states or countries.
These are not primary residences, and are often unoccupied or visited occasionally, by the absentee owners (certainly less than 183 days a year.)
Since owners are not legal residents, they can't vote in NY, even though they might want to vote Republican.

I cannot imagine how this can be changed, the rich get a lot of publicity, which engenders resentment...
Perhaps this is what's fuelling the rise of 'progressive' politics, which is inching its way to communism.
Remember why communism was invented: millions of serfs without enough to eat with a tiny aristocratic class on top.

Plain old American common sense and logic is now suspended in big city politics,
and the Democrats know they will only get stronger as the population grows.