An interesting take on Omicron Variant - Dec 23

dan_s

An interesting take on Omicron Variant - Dec 23

Post by dan_s »

"Whatever damage Omicron might wreak in the immediate future, we will, most likely, soon lead lives that look a lot more like they did in the spring of 2019 than in the spring of 2020."

Read: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ic/621089/

MY TAKE: People know (at least in Red States) that Covid is not going to wipe out humanity. In fact, it barely impacted population growth in 2020 & 2021. People also know that travel restrictions, masks and probably the "vaccines" aren't doing much anyway. So, we must move on with living.

From the article:
"When I was growing up in Germany, I was fascinated by news reports about life in very dangerous places. Residents of Baghdad or Tel Aviv seemed to put themselves in danger simply by going shopping or meeting friends for a cup of coffee. How, I wondered with a mixture of horror and admiration, could anybody be willing to accept such an existential risk for such a trivial pleasure?

But the truth of the matter is that virtually all humans have, for virtually all of recorded history, faced daily risks of disease or violent death that are far greater than those that the residents of developed countries currently face. And despite the genuine horrors of the past 24 months, that holds true even now."
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group