A Personal Note

dan_s

A Personal Note

Post by dan_s »

Susan's mother, Vera (age 88), fell and broke her hip about two weeks ago. They cannot fix it and Vera is now on hospice care. Vera has lived a great life, but the "end game" for all of us is no fun.

We thought Vera could stay at the assisted living facility where she has lived for the past year, but they can no longer provide the level of care she needs. Susan is flying to Tulsa today to get her moved to a nursing home.

Please say a prayer for Susan and Vera as this is very rough duty. In addition to being a wonderful wife (we have been married 41 years), Susan is a GREAT daughter. I just hope my sons watch out for us as well as she has taken care of her parents down the stretch.

If you'd like to send Susan a note, her e-mail is sportysmom@aol.com (Sporty was our dog that died ten years ago and Susan has never changed her e-mail).
Last edited by dan_s on Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
bigtex

Re: A Personal Note

Post by bigtex »

so sorry to hear that
dan_s

Re: A Personal Note

Post by dan_s »

Susan is back from Tulsa. Got her mom moved to a nursing home and got to say good-by in case she dies soon, which is expected.

It is tough to see your parents fade away, no matter how old they are. Her mother has severe Alzheimer's, so she is not aware how bad her condition really is. I guess that is a blessing.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group