SM Energy

dan_s

SM Energy

Post by dan_s »

Zacks Equity Research:

One stock that might be an intriguing choice for investors right now is SM Energy Company (SM). This is because this security in the Oil & Gas - US Exploration & Production space is seeing solid earnings estimate revision activity, and is in great company from a Zacks Industry Rank perspective.

This is important because, often times, a rising tide will lift all boats in an industry, as there can be broad trends taking place in a segment that are boosting securities across the board. This is arguably taking place in the Oil & Gas - US Exploration & Production space as it currently has a Zacks Industry Rank of 7 out of more than 250 industries, suggesting it is well-positioned from this perspective, especially when compared to other segments out there.

Meanwhile, SM Energy is actually looking pretty good on its own too. The firm has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, suggesting analysts are becoming a bit more bullish on the firm’s prospects in both the short and long term.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
mkarpoff

Re: SM Energy

Post by mkarpoff »

But for now it is getting very beat up.
setliff

Post by setliff »

i think there is some very big money computer linked to trades between wti and sm. i have watched closely and most of the time an uptick on wti will get an up tick on sm and vice versa on downticks. makes sm a very high beta stock. i also find it very hard for this guy to swing trade on it.

jim
par_putt

Post by par_putt »

I agree.
But if you get caught in a downdraft you can probably wait awhile to recoup.
Remember that earnings will begin in a couple of weeks and we should get an updraft.
jb2257

Post by jb2257 »

Those who bought on the dip yesterday are getting rewarded today with the price up 14.5%.