stack and earthquakes??

bobs

stack and earthquakes??

Post by bobs »

With the latest big OK quake are the E&Ps in the stack area able to use methods which are less likely to create (if that is true) more major quakes???
mkarpoff

Re: stack and earthquakes??

Post by mkarpoff »

From the little I have read, it seems that authorities are more concerned with waste water disposition than fracking itself. I am not sure why this would be a problem?
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Oklahoma is highly unlikely to ban fracking. Revenues generated by oil & gas in that state are way too important to the state revenues.

Waste water disposal wells, which inject water into shallow zones, seem to be the problem. Not fracking. STACK does not produce much water anyway.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Orindakid

Post by Orindakid »

I read an article yesterday that talked about getting the "slip faces" ie existing faults identified and the water disposal wells installed away from them. Apparently state geologists are working with the oil companies to relocate the disposal wells.
Orindakid

Post by Orindakid »

I read an article yesterday that talked about getting the "slip faces" ie existing faults identified and the water disposal wells installed away from them. Apparently state geologists are working with the oil companies to relocate the disposal wells.