Trump

dan_s

Trump

Post by dan_s »

Trump’s budget guts energy programs. President Trump’s budget proposal lays waste to a long list of non-defense programs in order to ramp up military spending by $54 billion. He wants to cut spending on the Department of Energy by 5.6 percent, the Department of Interior by 12 percent, the EPA by 31 percent, and the State Department by 28 percent. The cuts will hit energy R&D, climate research, and many other programs. However, the budget is just a proposal and will surely be heavily revised in Congress.

In my opinion, the amount of wasteful spending in these government agencies is massive. These budget cuts are way overdue.

When I worked at Hess (1983 to 2001), I spent a lot of my time working with government agencies. The Federal government was by far the worst. Some of the IRS agents were a joke.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
dan_s

Re: Trump

Post by dan_s »

MY TAKE: We FINALLY have someone in the White House that understands the U.S. government is broke and cannot fund every liberal wish list. If we do not get serious very soon about balancing the budget this county will be "toast" and there is no other nation that will bail out the United States. When money is tight, you must separate "wants" and "needs".

"Consistent with the President’s approach to move the nation toward fiscal responsibility, the budget eliminates and reduces hundreds of programs and focuses funding to redefine the proper role of the federal government," a blueprint copy of Trump's "America First" budget says.

The agencies to lose their federal funding include:
the African Development Foundation;
the Appalachian Regional Commission;
the Chemical Safety Board;
the Corporation for National and Community Service;
the Corporation for Public Broadcasting;
the Delta Regional Authority;
the Denali Commission;
the Institute of Museum and Library Services;
the Inter-American Foundation;
the U.S. Trade and Development Agency;
the Legal Services Corporation;
the National Endowment for the Arts;
the National Endowment for the Humanities;
the neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation;
the Northern Border Regional Commission;
the Overseas Private Investment Corporation;
the United States Institute of Peace;
the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness; and
the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

Anything in the list above that we can't live without?
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group