Texas

dan_s

Texas

Post by dan_s »

About 29.5 million people live in Texas. < Not including thousands of undocumented people.
Approximately 300,000 Texans will die this year. I expected more than 1%.
This year less than 0.5% (less than 1,500) are expected to die from COVID-19 in Texas. There are only 364 virus deaths in Texas as of today from the virus..
Verify here: https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/ops ... b9cafc8b83

Guess how many families will go broke thanks to the shutdown. How may more death from suicides and drug overdoses. How many armed robberies because families can't afford food. How many small businesses will go broke.

I went to my regular car repair place to get an inspection today. The owner told me that he's had to layoff 4 of 5 of his mechanics. Today he's had only 3 cars come in for inspections and oil changes; not enough revenue to cover his expenses. He is optimistic that soon his business will come back. There are thousands of business owners hanging on by their finger nails.
Last edited by dan_s on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
par_putt

Re: Texas

Post by par_putt »

Why didn't he use the payroll protection plan%
dan_s

Re: Texas

Post by dan_s »

He applied for it but hasn't been approved. Government plans seldom work as smoothly as "advertised".

You think it’s bad now? In 20 years our country will be run by people homeschooled by day drinkers…!!!
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group