What concerns me the most

dan_s

What concerns me the most

Post by dan_s »

After I make a presentation to a large group of investors or broker/dealers I'm sometimes asked "What concerns you the most about the Energy Sector?"

I usually say that what concerns me the most overall are the words "Kamala Harris Commander-in-Chief". When I speak in Texas that usually gets a laugh. Didn't go over so well in San Diego.

When it comes to the U.S. energy sector and our economy my fear is that if the shale oil boom ends we will be dependent on our primary energy sources from countries that don't like us. Wind and Solar CANNOT BE A HIGH PERCENTAGE OF PRIMARY ENERGY for a modern economy that hopes to have a high standard of living.

Here I will quote what Keith Kohl said in today's newsletter: "If it proves true that the United States will have a difficult time growing production past its previous peak of 13 million barrels per day, our power as a global swing producer will come to an end. If we lose that, you can bet that power will swing back to OPEC and Russia, which have already cut output to keep the market balanced."

I guess the good news is that China and India are also in trouble if OPEC+ holds all excess capacity. The OPEC cartel also needs happy customers.

We really need a Common Sense Energy Policy.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
aja57

Re: What concerns me the most

Post by aja57 »

My Common Sense Energy Policy ,Dan is to cap oil sales to all blue states that promote ESG policy. They get 20% of what goes to the red states. I think that would drive corporate, climate and economic policy. Some people may think I'm being too generous. Well, it's only Monday.
SergioSays

Re: What concerns me the most

Post by SergioSays »

Keep fighting the good fight, Dan! I'm disappointed and a little surprised the folks in San Diego took umbrage at criticism of the current regime. I would expect that in Marin county, but not San Diego. I fear we may be too far gone...