US long bond rates

ChuckGeb

Re: US long bond rates

Post by ChuckGeb »

Here’s a recent interview of Bill Gross on the matter.
https://youtu.be/56-iiEnSjqU
epg3601

Post by epg3601 »

His thesis is that Gold is the place to be to deal with a coming financial debacle.
Do you think oil - as a hard asset - hold up in a similar way?
ChuckGeb

Post by ChuckGeb »

There are a lot of commentators that feel the same way ie gold as a good store thru a turbulent financial time. When I have heard that question raised to commentators like this, their response is most times yes energy is another good store of value as are other commodities. As you are likely aware this website does not generally promote that a coming financial crisis is likely let alone imminent and there are a wide variety of opinions on the matter out there. Thus though I have serious concerns about the US and world economy going forward for the next 12 months + I am not promoting that as a given. This was posted in the interest of those like myself who wish to gain knowledge from many sources from which to form an opinion to be considered in crafting their personal portfolios of investments. That said i am heavily weighted to energy names in the Sweet 16, the income portfolio, and small cap but in the last 8 months have added significantly to my precious metals holdings. I also have more cash invested in short term treasuries than I have in my investment history.
epg3601

Post by epg3601 »

TY Well said