AI booming Energy Demand

ChuckGeb

AI booming Energy Demand

Post by ChuckGeb »

From Scientific American

Every online AI interaction relies on a scaffolding of information stored in remote servers—and those machines, stacked together in data centers worldwide, require a lot of energy. Around the globe, data centers currently account for about 1 to 1.5 percent of global electricity use, according to the International Energy Agency. And the world’s still-exploding boom in artificial intelligence could drive that number up a lot—and fast.
A peer-reviewed analysis published this week in Joule is one of the first to quantify the demand that is quickly materializing. A continuation of the current trends in AI capacity and adoption are set to lead to NVIDIA shipping 1.5 million AI server units per year by 2027. These 1.5 million servers, running at full capacity, would consume at least 85.4 terawatt-hours of electricity annually—more than what many small countries use in a year, according to the new assessment.

Translation: Demand for Uranium, Gas, Copper, engineering and construction will be huge-Domestically-MAGA

My thought:If you can’t get the pipelines approved, build the NG power plants and data centers in close proximity to the gas fields:
Permian, Haynesville, Marcellus
aja57

Re: AI booming Energy Demand

Post by aja57 »

Chuck, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the article I posted this evening on the New AI Trade..