Great News: SARS-COV-2 is weakening - June 3

dan_s

Great News: SARS-COV-2 is weakening - June 3

Post by dan_s »

A very public dispute has broken out between some of Italy’s, and the world’s, most high-profile doctors after one expert claimed the coronavirus “no longer exists clinically.”

Dr. Alberto Zangrillo, the head of intensive care at the San Raffaele hospital in Milan in Lombardy (the epicenter of Italy’s coronavirus outbreak), caused a stir on Sunday by telling Italian media that a study by his colleague had shown that the virus was losing its potency.

Zangrillo, who is well-known for being the personal doctor of Italy’s former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, said the study showed the virus was weakening and that, “in reality, from the clinical point of view, the virus no longer exists.”

“The swabs that were performed over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out on patients a month or two ago,” he told RAI television Sunday, citing a study from Massimo Clementi, director of the Microbiology and Virology Laboratory at the San Raffaele hospital, that is reportedly due to be published shortly.
-----------------------
NBC and CNN immediately had to post articles that is was still a "Killer Virus". They are going to ride this click bait as long as they can. As I mentioned in my May 31st podcast, new cases of COVID-19 are dropping like a rock everywhere. Just like SARS, I expect it to be gone in July.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
cmm3rd

Re: Great News: SARS-COV-2 is weakening - June 3

Post by cmm3rd »

As I mentioned in my May 31st podcast, new cases of COVID-19 are dropping like a rock everywhere. Just like SARS, I expect it to be gone in July.
New cases of COVID-19 were not "dropping like a rock" in the US as of May 31, nor were they on June 3, the date of your post. To the contrary, they were holding steady in the 20,000 new cases per day range. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us (scroll down to daily new case graph)

Unfortunately, not only will COVID-19 not be "gone in July," as you predicted, daily new cases began to rise again in the US in the second week of June, and on June 24 (alone) over 38,000 new cases were reported in the US. The US active case count is currently just under 1.3 million. Fortunately, treatment methodologies are now better informed, and some medications are helping, so that those patients who progress to severe disease are fewer and death rates are lowering.

There is no data, however, to support any responsible prediction that COVID-19 will be "gone in July."

What experts are saying COVID-19 will respond as SARS 1 did?