Whiting Petroleum (WLL)

dan_s

Whiting Petroleum (WLL)

Post by dan_s »

WLL is the Sweet 16 company that has puzzled me the most. The current share price is less than 4X my CFPS forecast for 2013. The company trades at a deep discount to the other mid-caps in the Bakken. You can find our profile on the company and my Fair Value Estimate (current break-up value) under the Sweet 16 Tab. - Dan

Read This: http://seekingalpha.com/article/1452891 ... urce=yahoo

Whiting Petroleum Corporation (WLL) is an independent energy concern producing oil and gas primarily in the Permian Basin,

4 reasons WLL is a good growth pick up at just over $46 a share:

> Analysts expect revenue to grow at a ~14% CAGR over the next two fiscal years. The stock sports a five year projected PEG of just over 1 (1.18).
> Operating cash flow has grown at a ~20% annual rate over the last few years and the stock sells for around 4.5x operating cash flow.
> The 32 analysts that cover the stock have a $60 price target on the shares. JP Morgan took its rating from "Neutral" to "Overweight" in April saying Whiting was selling at a discount based on NAV (Net Asset Value) to peers.
> The company has grown earnings and revenues at better than a 18% CAGR over the past five years. The stock is selling in the bottom third of its five year valuation range based on P/S, P/CF, P/B and P/E.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group