Watch List: IOC

dan_s

Watch List: IOC

Post by dan_s »

I have had InterOil on my Watch List for years. I'm definitely not recommending it. It gets a lot of hype so I basically am watching it for fun just to see what happens. If any of you have an opinion on IOC please share them with us.

http://caps.fool.com/Ticker/IOC.aspx
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
mrmuileh

Re: Watch List: IOC

Post by mrmuileh »

I've owned Interoil for a while now and I think it's the real deal. They have plenty of reserves to support an LNG plant and they have a deal in place with Mitsui for a liquids stripping plant.

If anyone wants to see a copy of a recent research report from Morgan Stanley, please reply with your e-mail address. MS has a $125 target on IOC.

MrMuileh
dan_s

Re: Watch List: IOC

Post by dan_s »

I actually went to visit with IOC management when they were here in Houston. They definitely seemed legit.

I call stocks like this my "Lottery Picks". If everything works out there is ton of upside.

Another way to play IOC is through their options.

Dan

PS: Last week I went to visit Hyperdynamics (HDY). It is another Lottery Pick and, from where it sits today it has a lot more upside than IOC. I'm trying to get HDY to host a luncheon for us. I really do like stocks like this but they have a place in your portfolio and it is not the retirement money.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group