Obscure deep water drillers

mkarpoff

Obscure deep water drillers

Post by mkarpoff »

I don't know if this is a space you wish to devote your time to, but I am doing well with it, and I think there is lots of $ to be made here. I am talking about deep water drillers. Of course, everyone is familiar with the big guys such as Seadrill, but I include awilco, north atlantic drilling, deep sea supply, north american offshore, northern offshore, and so on. I am up on all of them, Fredriksen of Seadrill is using deep sea supply (I believe) to roll up the smaller players. Most pay a very nice div. Most are located in tax-free jurisdictions. Frankly, I think it is a great space for you to explore, if you have time for a new space. Otherwise, members can do their own research.
dan_s

Re: Obscure deep water drillers

Post by dan_s »

You can find more ideas on our Drillers Watch List. Log on then click on the Watch List tab.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Laurin_DE

Post by Laurin_DE »

- I used the low share price to start a small position in Awilco and will likely buy more in the USD 17-18 range...

- North Atlantic Drilling has also become interesting again, imo, but I watch the US/EU vs Russia situation and will only start a position once it calms down...

- I would be interested in getting more information on Deep Sea Supply... THX!

-Seadrill is way too complicated for me...

cheers - Laurin
mkarpoff

Post by mkarpoff »

Simply, it delivers stuff to drilling rigs. Check their web site.
Now that Russia and Ukraine have made some type of detente, I think it is only a matter of time until sanctions are eased. Exxon has an obligation to pay Nadl even though the rig will go idle (perhaps). I think it is a great time to add to Nadl. Both it and Sdrl may go lower still given the macro environment, but Nadl had its future tied up with Rosneft, and vice versa. That being the case, should they complete their deal as expected, Nadl could be a double by next year from today's price.
Laurin_DE

Post by Laurin_DE »

unbelievable...
even my stink bid at €12.70 for Awilco got filled in Frankfurt today... that was even below the Norwegian and US prices in NOK und USD, respectively...
ghrcap

Post by ghrcap »

Seadrill used a new slide presentation at the Deutsche Bank Leveraged Finance Conference which contains a lot of comparative data that is helpful to understanding the entire group.
http://www.seadrill.com/investor-relati ... sentations