3 way hedges

setliff

3 way hedges

Post by setliff »

dan, just how much is our exposure here.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... o.headline
dan_s

Re: 3 way hedges

Post by dan_s »

BCEI and CPE have some 3-way collars. They just set a downside limit, or floor for the puts. I take this into consideration in my forecast models.

You can find a table of their hedges at the bottom of the forecast models for each company.

3-way collars have been around for a long time. This is not some new "scheme" to trick investors, as the article seems to imply.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
setliff

Post by setliff »

<BCEI and CPE have some 3-way collars. They just set a downside limit, or floor for the puts. I take this into consideration in my forecast models. >

that's good enough for me, thx

jim
bobs

Post by bobs »

do most of the companies we follow have a bunch of 3 way hedges including GST?
Thansk
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

As I have posted here many times before. You can find a table of each company's hedges at the bottom of the forecast models on the EPG website or you can just go to their latest 10-Q or to their most recent presentation. On each company's website there is an Investor Tab. All companies are showing their hedges in their presentations these days.

BTW there is nothing "evil" about 3-way hedges. They have been used for may years. It lowers the cost of the hedges up front and limits the counter parties exposure to low prices.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

The tables shown in the company presentations are easier to understand than what is in the 10-Q.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group