Attention New York

dan_s

Attention New York

Post by dan_s »

A polar vortex will hit New York this weekend that will plunge temps to zero in New York City and sub-zero across much of New England.

See 2/10 Update at: http://www.weatherbell.com/

Next week's weather should produce the largest draw from natural gas storage for this winter heating season. We could see a weekly draw of more than 250 Bcf for the week ending 2/19.

A lot of homes in New England still heat with heating oil, so this may boost demand for oil as well, but not as significant as what it could do for the natural gas market.

Also, sub-zero temps across PA may cause well "freeze offs" that will lower gas production for a few days.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
bearcatbob

Re: Attention New York

Post by bearcatbob »

Dan, If I had one wish - it would be that you would absolutely ignore Joe Bastardi. Yes - it is going to be cold in the NE this weekend - but cold this year is balmy - let me emphasize - BALMY compared to the last 2 winters.

I sincerely wish you would get rid of Joe as a source of data for these boards.

Bob
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

If you do not like Joe's forecasts you are free to ignore them. I have been following Joe for over ten years and he has by far the best long-range weather forecasting service that I have seen. A lot of the energy companies subscribe to his service.

Forecasting is very difficult, especially when it is about the future.

The purpose of EPG is to give members "tools". Use the ones you like and don't use the ones you do not like.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
letitfly

Post by letitfly »

FYI, this weekend was indeed brutally cold in NY. Today, we are expecting snow.....and tomorrow, the temp will be 55!
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Exactly what Joe predicted. You need to watch his weekend update at http://www.weatherbell.com/

After a warm-up, the eastern U.S.will turn back to cold the last week of February.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group