An Angel has died

dan_s

An Angel has died

Post by dan_s »

Natalie Gonzolas died on Saturday, April 15th.

Natalie and her husband Egnachio ("Nacho") went on two of our EPG Cruises. We knew them from our church.

She was only 43 years old. She is survived by her husband and two teenage daughters. Natalie fought off two bouts of cancer, but when it returned the 3rd time it spread quickly. She did in peace at home.

Natalie is an angel. You could see God in her smiling face. She severed with Susan & I in the River Kids program at River Pointe Church in Sugar Land, Texas. She is now in heaven with the other angels.

Please say a prayer for Nacho and the girls (ages 12 & 15).
Last edited by dan_s on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
dan_s

Re: An Angel has died

Post by dan_s »

Today (Friday, April 21) I had the privilege of being a pall bearer at Natalie's funeral. She was just 43 and leaves a husband and two daughters behind (ages 12 and 15).

I sat directly behind her mother and father at the funeral, which was attended by over 300. Going to a child's funeral is not deserved by anyone. Believe me, it was very hard to keep it together at this funeral.

Natalie was truly a "Gift from God" to so many people. Her faith and bravery are an inspiration to Susan & I.

Natalie's oldest daughter, Mia, is very mature for her age and strong like her mother and father. Ava, the younger daughter, was my helper in the 5-year-old class at church. Mia and Ava love their father ("Nacho").

Natalie's funeral service was a reminder to all of us of what is really valuable in this life. None of us will be remembered by the size of our bank account when it is all over. Enjoy life while you can and help others as much as you can. Teach your children to be good citizens. We definitely need more of those.

Natalie and Susan worked together to literally save a single mother (Amber) who had eight children. Amber was living in a 24-foot camper/trailer with 8 kids. I could not believe it when I first heard it. They worked with the church and a women's group to get her a very nice house for a year for free. Next week Amber and the kids are moving to a home that has been given to them by the church. Amber's 5-year old soon is in my church class. He is a "wild man" but a very smart kid and full of life.

All I can say is "count you blessings".
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group