Zacks Top 4 Picks - May 28

dan_s

Zacks Top 4 Picks - May 28

Post by dan_s »

Headquartered in Dallas, TX, Matador Resources Company MTDR has a strong footprint in the liquid-rich Delaware Basin’s Wolfcamp and Bone Spring plays. The Zacks Rank #1 stock has witnessed upward earnings estimate revisions for 2021 and 2022, respectively, in the past seven days.

EOG Resources, Inc. EOG, headquartered in Houston, TX, has premium drilling locations in all prolific shale plays in the United States, including the Delaware basin, a sub-basin of the broader Permian. The company, with a Zacks Rank of 3, is likely to see earnings growth of 299.3% in 2021.

Headquartered in Midland, TX, Diamondback Energy, Inc. FANG is a pure-play Permian player with presence in more than 347,000 net acres in the Permian. The company has more than 12,300 gross horizontal locations, brightening its production outlook. Notably, the Zacks #3 Ranked stock has witnessed upward earnings estimate revisions for 2021 and 2022, respectively, in the past seven days.

Devon Energy Corporation DVN, headquartered in Oklahoma City, has a footprint across 400,000 net acres in the Delaware Basin. With multidecade inventory of drilling sites, the company’s production outlook seems bright. In the past 30 days, the stock, with a Zacks Rank of 3, has witnessed upward earnings estimate revisions for 2021 and 2022, respectively.
--------------------------
I moved MTDR from the Sweet 16 to our Small-Cap Growth Portfolio to make room for Laredo Petroleum (LPI), which has a lot more upside. I still like MTDR. I sure don't agree with #3 ratings for EOG, FANG and DVN. All three are much stronger companies than MTDR. All four companies will report strong Q2 results.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group