Diamondback Energy (FANG) Valuation Update - May 23

dan_s

Diamondback Energy (FANG) Valuation Update - May 23

Post by dan_s »

I have updated my forecast/valuation model for FANG. I have increased by current valuation by $14 to $210/share.

Why:
> Diamondback is generating a lot of free cash flow from operations. On pace to generate over $4.3 billion of FCF this year ($24.38/share).
> They have paid off a lot debt and their strong balance sheet and outstanding leasehold position in the Permian Basin deserves a higher valuation multiple.
> I am just using a 6.5 X annualized operating cash flow multiple to value this stock. By year-end it should deserves an 8X multiple.
> This morning my contact at Stifel Nicolaus sent me their updated price target for FANG of $222.00.
> FANG's "Base + Variable" dividend for Q1 was $3.05 for annualized yield of 9.2% based on the current share price.
> Based on my model, their variable dividends should continue to go up.

FANG could be moving to our High Yield Income Portfolio, but I do believe they will go back to "Aggressive Growth Mode" in 2023, although my forecast model only assumes 2.1% YOY production growth in 2023
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
mikelp

Re: Diamondback Energy (FANG) Valuation Update - May 23

Post by mikelp »

Dan,
have you had a chance to look over the planned Diamondback Energy (FANG) acquisition of Rattler Midstream (RTLR) ?

https://www.rattlermidstream.com/news-r ... licly-held