Weird selloff today

dan_s

Weird selloff today

Post by dan_s »

I know that oil and gas prices have pulled back, but did you ever think you'd see high quality companies like the Sweet 16 selloff when we have WTI at $110 and HH gas at $7.00. We live in Post-Pandemic "Weird World".

Maybe the selloff is because Dr. Fauci tested positive for Covid despite having 4 vaccine shots. Can we PLEASE quit calling them "vaccines"!

I will be finishing my newsletter this weekend, so we can publish it on "Juneteenth", which we are celebrating on June 20th.
For those of you who did not realize this: "Juneteenth is a federal holiday that commemorates the day that Black slaves in Texas found out they were free on June 19, 1865 - two years after the Emancipation Proclamation had been signed. Juneteenth became an official federal holiday in the United States last year when President Joe Biden signed the legislation enacting it. Because the holiday falls on a Sunday this year, it is being observed on Monday, June 20."

I never heard of Juneteenth until I got to Texas in 1994.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
willvanam

Re: Weird selloff today

Post by willvanam »

Dan in a bear market they come for every last pocket of green P&L. We certainly had a lot of fast money in the space of late. It seems like the energy sector has finally had it's Atlas Shrugged moment and deep pullbacks are welcomed
dan_s

Re: Weird selloff today

Post by dan_s »

See my comments under The View from Houston. Lots of "noise" + the 3 day holiday for Juneteenth send long traders to the sidelines.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group