DEF Shortage will make Diesel shortage worse - July 2

dan_s

DEF Shortage will make Diesel shortage worse - July 2

Post by dan_s »

As I have been telling you in my weekly podcasts and newsletters for several months, the U.S. has a serious diesel shortage.

Diesel is a large percentage of the refined products known as "Distillates".
On June 29th the EIA reported that our distillate inventories are 20% below normal for this time of year. That is bad enough, but now we have a shortage of "Diesel Exhaust Fuel" (DEF) that could significantly impact diesel prices and cause fuel rationing. Our supply chain problems cannot be solved with large trucks and equipment that runs on diesel.

Read this: https://www.newsweek.com/diesel-exhaust ... 6503?amp=1

We have a shortage of heavy oil in the U.S. Refiners need heavy oil to make diesel. This is why the Keystone XL pipeline needed to be completed, because Canada can supply us with heavy oil. We also need to fix the problems in Venezuela.

My FEAR is that this problem is beyond the intelligence level of Team Biden.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
dan_s

Re: DEF Shortage will make Diesel shortage worse - July 2

Post by dan_s »

Though most consumers shake their heads at the cost of gasoline and complain about the cost of filling up their car tanks, what they really should be worried about is the price of diesel. The U.S. economy runs on diesel. It’s what powers the container ships that bring goods from Asia and the trucks that collect goods from the ports and bring them to warehouses and then to your home. The farmers who grow the food you eat put diesel in their tractors to plow the fields, and the workers that bring construction equipment to build your home put diesel in their trucks.

Read this carefully: https://time.com/6182262/diesel-shortage-inflation/

My Advice: Make sure you have lots of canned foods as diesel rationing could quickly cause a food shortage, even in America.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
mrbill

Re: DEF Shortage will make Diesel shortage worse - July 2

Post by mrbill »

When the shortage hits who gets what? Interstate truckers, farmers, etc? Talk last week with friend owning a post
2012 diesel pick up truck says first sensors tell you that your are low on DEF and then cut off the engine if you don't refill. Won't run. Guess my 2008 Dodge Cummins and 2000 Ford 7.3 Excursion are climbing in value due to not needing DEF.

Another one: Wife had to get a CT scan for cancer treatment last week. Month ago I asked her oncologist about the
shortage in "contrasts" used to show results in the CT. Luckily the med staff was nimble and got an acceptable
substitute.

Hydrocarbons/fossil fuels are in everything, plastics, fertilizer, meds, EVERYTHING. Loons like Kerry, B.O. and Brandon own beachfront homes, but don't seemed worried. Can Kerry's Heinz wife make the ketchup tp sell without hydrocarbons?

Whether by design or complete ignorance of hydrocarbons, they are GETTING PAID big time by the greens to preach
their doctrine.

Coming to EPG and seeing what's coming ahead of the "herd" then telling friends is tough. Not stopping though.