Diamondback Energy (FANG) Valuation Update - Aug 2

dan_s

Diamondback Energy (FANG) Valuation Update - Aug 2

Post by dan_s »

At the time of this post FANG was trading at $127.63. TipRanks' Price Target is $180.50.
Two respected and conservative analysts updated their price targets this morning to $191 and $200

I have updated my forecast/valuation model for FANG's outstanding Q2 results and their fresh guidance. My valuation increases by $10 to $240.

Why?
> FANG is in our High Yield Income Portfolio. Its Fixed + Variable dividend for Q2 is $3.05/share for annualized yield of ~9.6%
> Based on my forecast, the Company should generate close to $5 billion of FCF from operations this year and can increase the dividend.
> FANG was an "Aggressive Growth" company (24.9% YOY production growth in 2021) that is now committed to low single-digit production grow to focus on HUGE FCF generation. < It is one of my best all-time picks for our Sweet 16.
> It holds a lot of extremely valuable low-risk / high-return development drilling inventory, so "Running Room" is HIGH for this one.
> Because the confidence that I have if my forecast model for FANG is VERY HIGH, I have increased my valuation multiple from 6.5 to 7.0 X annualized operating cash flow per share.
> PLUS the Company now has an aggressive stock repurchase plan underway that will push per share results even higher in 2023.

My Opinion: FANG has an A+ Safety Rating for dividend yield + significant stock price appreciation potential.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
dan_s

Re: Diamondback Energy (FANG) Valuation Update - Aug 2

Post by dan_s »

Note from Stifel

Diamondback Energy, Inc. (FANG, $125.92, Buy; Target $206.00) - Diamondback
increases its shareholder return program while delivering in line operational results - Derrick Whitfield
- We view this release as positive. The positives include: i)
an adjusted EBITDA beat (3.1% above consensus) driven by higher-than-expected
realizations, total equivalent volumes (1.0% above consensus), lower cash costs
(5.1% below Stifel), ii) a $2.0 billion increase to authorized share repurchase program
($3.1 billion remaining, or ~14% of the company's current market cap), iii) continued
debt reduction (net debt decreased 5% q/q), and iv) a better-than-expected FY22
guide (oil volume guidance in line with consensus, capex 2.0% below consensus). If
we stretch for a negative, we note that FY22 LOE guidance increased by 11.8% due
to increases in power costs in Texas. Net-net, the company continues to execute and
increase its return of capital program while delivering production volumes and capital
spend in line with Street expectations.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group