Updates for CTRA, DVN, FANG and PXD - Aug 29

dan_s

Updates for CTRA, DVN, FANG and PXD - Aug 29

Post by dan_s »

I have updated my forecast/valuation models for the four large-cap upstream companies in our High Yield Income Portfolio.
All four companies pay large "Fixed + Variable Dividends" and they are aggressively buying back stock.

Here are my updated current valuations with First Call's price targets in ( ).
Coterra Energy (CTRA) = $46.00 ($36.29) < It is the most heavily weighted to natural gas
Devon Energy (DVN) = $102.00 (78.03)
Diamondback Energy (FANG) = $204.00 ($174.14) < Recently merged RTLR back into FANG, which should increase dividends
Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD) = $316.00 ($286.32)

All four have very strong balance sheets, are generating a lot of FCF and they have lots of high-quality drilling inventory. It is their valuable "running room" that makes all of them strong takeover targets.

All four updated models can be downloaded from the EPG website.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Orindakid

Re: Updates for CTRA, DVN, FANG and PXD - Aug 29

Post by Orindakid »

I listened to FANG's conference call yesterday and they said they are going to temporarily stop their variable dividend to do buybacks. They are anticipating 650 Million in Buybacks in Q-3 as their stock price is too low. They are also paying off the Rattler line and debt, another 700 hundred million!

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-tran ... gn=article

Cheers.
grimaldi

Re: Updates for CTRA, DVN, FANG and PXD - Aug 29

Post by grimaldi »

I have all of those except for PXD, which is too high-priced a stock for my little budget. I would not normally have FANG if my RTLR position had not morphed into it.