who is gouging who-- all bs

Fraser921

who is gouging who-- all bs

Post by Fraser921 »

Now democrats look to make things even worse, pushing anti-gouging legislation. Florida State Rep Kathy Castor touted the Legislation by saying, “Today, the House of Representatives passed the Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act, which includes U.S. Rep. Kathy Castor’s (FL14) amendment with Rep. Val Demings (FL10) to investigate price manipulation in the gasoline market and work on a strategy to stabilize oil and gas prices during national crises. “Big Oil companies are ripping off Americans and pocketing record profits for CEOs and shareholders, and not passing savings on to consumers,” said Castor. “Our neighbors have had enough and so have I. That’s why I helped pass the Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act today, to take critical steps to crack down on price gouging and excessive price increases by Big Oil companies that result in higher prices for hardworking families at the pump and at the grocery store.

“This legislation includes my amendment with my Florida colleague Rep. Val Demings to ensure FTC investigates anti-consumer gouging by oil and gas executives. We cannot allow Big Oil CEOs to manipulate markets in order to make billions on the backs of struggling Americans by overcharging at the pump. Our action today will help protect the pocketbooks of Americans by uncovering price gouging practices rooted in corporate greed, while also taking away the ability of oil and gas executives to profiteer during a time of crisis. This is a big priority for American families. And it’s one more way to lower energy costs for families as we transition to cleaner, cheaper renewables, which will lead to true American energy security and energy independence.”.
dan_s

Re: who is gouging who-- all bs

Post by dan_s »

It is just another way to blame others for their stupid energy policy.

In addition to higher oil prices, which the U.S. upstream companies have no control over, there are lots of middlemen (refiners, marketing companies, taxes and retail gasoline stations) that have to make a profit off gasoline sales. Between the cost of crude oil per gallon of gasoline, taxes are the largest addition to the costs passed on to consumers.

BTW we enjoy some of the lowest fuel prices on Earth.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Fraser921

Post by Fraser921 »

It's like blaming the farmer for high cost of bread

If this is the best we have representing us, I say get rid of them all
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Good example. The Feds should go after Apple for price gouging on cell phones.

We are at the beginning of an Energy Crisis that could lead to global food shortages and the idiots we have running this country are fighting with the oil & gas producers that can save the world. We live in "Upside Down World".
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group