Prices will stay up

Fraser921

Prices will stay up

Post by Fraser921 »

Biden Interior Secretary Deb Haaland finally released a new 5-year plan for oil and gas leasing in federal waters late Friday evening. She released it a day after the June 30 deadline required by federal statute, just to show her administration’s ongoing contempt for the law and rub everyone’s noses in it. Because of course she did.

Reuters reports that the plan contemplates holding “0 to 11” auctions in the Gulf of Mexico over the next 5 years, and possibly, maybe one in Alaska’s Cook Inlet. It contains no thought of holding any auctions in the waters off the North Slope of Alaska or offshore in the Atlantic or Pacific oceans.

Crucially, Haaland, a life-long oil and gas opponent, said that DOI may hold no auctions at all, continuing the trend she has established over the past 17 months. She indicated that public comments on the plan would rule the day:

"From Day One, President Biden and I have made clear our commitment to transition to a clean energy economy," Haaland said in a statement. "Today, we put forward an opportunity for the American people to consider and provide input on the future of offshore oil and gas leasing. The time for the public to weigh in on our future is now."

Note that by saying “American people” in that statement she means the anti-oil and gas activist community, which has for the last 30 years invariable flooded DOI with hundreds of thousands of identical, cut-and-paste statements of opposition to every such plan. That will certainly happen again, while the industry itself will mount only a token effort on its own behalf, managed through a handful of trade associations and NGOs. Haaland will then count up the totals and use that as her rationale for moving ahead with…nothing.

At this point in his first term in office, Barack Obama’s DOI had conducted more than 50 federal lease sales, including several in the Gulf of Mexico and offshore Alaska. This administration has conducted 1, which took place in Wyoming just last week. We can be sure that a plan that gives Haaland the discretion to conduct 0 lease sales offshore will end up with 0 lease sales conducted.

This is the Biden Green New Deal plan in action, the one he promised to execute during the 2020 campaign. Anytime you hear him or Jennifer Granholm saying they want more domestic drilling, this plan constitutes just one more of a thousand proof points that they are lying.

This is all a game to these people, and we just need to accept that reality and vote accordingly.
Fraser921

Re: Prices will stay up

Post by Fraser921 »

I don’t understand why team Biden doesn’t pivot from his insane policies.
Instead, he is begging for oil from Iran and any other thug he can find.

Someone poised the question last week Is he dumb or is this “the plan “
I opined the former, now I think it’s both

Total insanity

All he does is blame everyone but himself
Fraser921

Re: Prices will stay up

Post by Fraser921 »