At least one Banker gets it (Jamie Dimon)

dan_s

At least one Banker gets it (Jamie Dimon)

Post by dan_s »

Business Insider:
JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon: 'Why can't we get it through our thick skulls?' America boosting oil and gas production is 'not against' climate change.
JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon said this week that US natural gas production does not conflict with long-term emission reduction targets, Yahoo Finance first reported. "We should focus on climate. The problem with that is because of high oil and gas prices, the world is turning back on their coal plants. It is dirtier," Dimon said on a client call Tuesday, per the Saturday report. "Why can't we get it through our thick skulls, that if you want to solve climate [change], it is not against climate [change] for America to boost more oil and gas production?" he continued. JPMorgan Chase was ranked as the world's top "fossil fuel financier" in a report published by environmental groups last year, who said the bank contributed a total of $317 billion to the industry between 2016 and 2020.

BTW I saw a report on Saturday that sea ice is building and that the Pacific Ocean has been cooling. If so, why isn't this GOOD NEWS being reported by the mainstream media? Because it does not fit the agenda.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
sl6886

Re: At least one Banker gets it (Jamie Dimon)

Post by sl6886 »

Just so we're clear - Jamie Dimon gets paid, and that's all he cares about.

He was talking about ESG in 2020, and he's changed his tune now, but if you really listen to what he's saying, he's laying the groundwork for carbon credits, and guess who gets to make a market in them, trade them, inventory them, and mark them up? Why JP Morgan of course.

They're going to raise taxes for carbon credits and all it will do is raise prices on the middle class and Big Jamie will have enriched himself AGAIN.

He gets its alright.
dan_s

Re: At least one Banker gets it (Jamie Dimon)

Post by dan_s »

I don't know or have an opinion on Jamie Dimon as a person, but I do like CEOs that focus on what is best for their companies.

The Green Bad Deal crap is what we are stuck with until we elect some people with common sense.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group