May 12, 2010

dan_s

May 12, 2010

Post by dan_s »

Today was one of those weird days in the Market where oil trades lower but the energy stocks move higher. In fact, ten of the Sweet-16 were up over 3% today and FXEN, which reported very strong Q1 results, was up almost 8%. My updated forecast for FX Energy is now available under our Sweet 16 tab. The Sweet 16 Portfolio is now back up over 20% year-to-date.

I have been preparing a Sweet-16 Portfolio for ten years now (Kevin Hopson and I started the EPG back in 2001). I have only picked three stocks that have gone up more than 200% during the year (KWK, RRC and PetroBank). I now think TransGlobe (TGA) could join that elite club. OXY, which operates Block S-1 in Yemen has included several S-1 exploration wells in their 2010 capital budget. These prospects are based on new high quality 3d seismic. If successful on any one of the them it could double TGA's share price. IMO TGA's Fair Value today is close to $9.00/share (see my forecast model for details). An exploration success could push it well over $10.00/share which would be a triple since the stock opened the year at $3.33/share.

We could really use your help!

Kim and I have been working very hard to get the website up and stablized plus we've had to build templetes for the monthly Newsletter and Company Profiles. We've also had to prepare for this Friday's luncheon. Next week we have some meetings and we need to draft the first Newsletter which should be going out to Premium Members on June 1st.

We now have over 80 "Founding Members" and I want to thank all of you for your support and more importantly for your trust.

In order to make this work we need a strong membership base. To break even we need 200+ members. Our goal is to get there by June 30.

I'm asking each of you to send our website link (http://www.energyprospectus.com) to ten or more of your friends and ask them to check us out. Think about those in your circle of friends that would benefit from unbiased analysis and forecasts on energy sector stocks. Think about those that will add to the discussions on our various forums.

Thanks and I hope to see many of you on Friday at our luncheon.

Dan
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group