$ strength...how bad can it get?

setliff

Re: $ strength...how bad can it get?

Post by setliff »

its not the dollar now--its fear of ww economy slow down.
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Since the EIA Petroleum report came out this morning the oil traders have stepped up. WTI dipped to $86.83 right after the report came out and within a few minutes buying started. Heavy trading volume has the price back to $87.70.

We definitely need WTI to form a base. The chart shows no resistance until around $90/bbl, but there is also no clear floor.

It would also help a lot if the dollar would drift lower. Down a bit today.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Lemonhawk

Post by Lemonhawk »

Peter Schiff says more QE. Fed needs inflation and a depressed $ and increase competitiveness of our exports

Schiff: The Fed is planning for 'QE infinity'

The Federal Reserve put investors at ease yesterday, reaffirming low interest rates for the foreseeable future even as most expect the Fed's quantitative easing program to become a thing of the past relatively soon.

Not so fast, says Peter Schiff, CEO of EuroPacific Capital. “I don’t think they ever had a plan to hike rates,” he told Yahoo Finance. “I think their plan is to launch QE 4, but they can’t come out and admit that so they’ve been pretending that they’re gonna raise rates. And I’ve been saying for months and months that they’re gonna come up with an excuse as to why they couldn’t. The latest excuse is ‘well, the dollar’s too strong.’”

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/schiff--g ... 00323.html
Lemonhawk

Post by Lemonhawk »

More on the $

Strong dollar delivers blow to FOMC officials

FOMC officials confirmed what many investors already knew: The big gains in the dollar (UUP) over the past three months could become a big problem for the U.S. economic recovery. Toss in weaker global economic growth, reiterated by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) earlier this week, and policymakers may need to come up with a plan B.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/strong-do ... 46524.html