Iran: Deal or No Deal

dan_s

Iran: Deal or No Deal

Post by dan_s »

Iran is "playing" Team Obama. These "deadlines" are a joke. I think we are now up to a dozen extensions.

http://news.yahoo.com/diplomatic-proces ... itics.html#

VERY IMPORTANT: "If the accord isn't sent to Congress by Thursday, its month long review period would be doubled to 60 days, meaning the Obama administration couldn't lift any economic sanctions on Iran during that time." Keep in mind that there are a lot of top Democrats that don't like the deal being discussed. The chances of a Republican controlled Congress approving a deal made by Kerry without major changes are "slim and none". If changes are made, the negotiations go back to square one.

In my opinion, the way to get Iran to stop moving toward a nuclear weapon is to double the sanctions, not lift them. We are thinking like children if we believe the global sponsor of terrorism is going to comply with a deal anyway.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
prince_jake_33

Re: Iran: Deal or No Deal

Post by prince_jake_33 »

What does Israel think of this deal Some Iranians want to eradicate them
dan_s

Re: Iran: Deal or No Deal

Post by dan_s »

Israel and Saudi Arabia are totally against any deal with Iran that allows them to keep working toward a nuke. IMO the reason Saudi Arabia is pushing the oil price lower is all about punishing Iran and Russia for their aggression in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia is a war with Iranian backed groups today. I do not think they care about the U.S. shale plays because they know they will peak soon anyway.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group