Texans

dan_s

Texans

Post by dan_s »

#1 it is not the quarterback's fault. Tom Savage and Deshaun Watson are both decent quarterbacks. Watson clearly has more upside, but Savage knows the playbook better. They should go with Watson because he has more mobility. Savage has no chance of success behind that offensive line. If they stay with Savage he will soon be on IR anyway.

When a team has a terrible offensive line (10 sacks and non-stop pressure) there is no way any quarterback can look good. Unless there is significant improvement by the O-Line shown on Thursday against the Bengals, this is going to be a long season.

Some credit should be given to the Jags. They looked good and were definitely better prepared to play. If Savage had not given them a touchdown right before halftime, it would have been 12-7 five minutes into the 2nd half. Most pro game are decided by 2 or 3 plays.

I was very disappointed in the defense. After Watson took the 2nd half kickoff and marched down for a touchdown the Texans still had a chance. However, the Texan's defense let the Jags go 75 yards for a TD and the game was over.

So, how do the Texans salvage the season.
1. Fire the offensive line coach and tell the O-line that if they do not show remarkable improvement on Thursday they are going to be cut. The center is the only one worth keeping.
2. Tell Dwayne Brown that he can play or sit at home. He is not worth what he is being paid anyway. He is one of the top ten highest paid offensive linemen and IMO he is not that good. He only looks good on the Texans because the rest of the O-line is terrible.
3. Focus on the running game and give the ball to Forman who is clearly the #1 running back. I would love to ask O'Brian why he does not see this. Forman has the potential to be one of the best running backs in the league.
4. Kick that defenses' ass. They are much better than what they showed on Sunday.
5. Fire Rick Smith, the general manager. He is terrible judge of talent. Anyone could see that the offensive line sucked and he did nothing to improve it.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
par_putt

Re: Texans

Post by par_putt »

Maybe you should consider the Cowboys.
It will be less stressful.
I hope.
dan_s

Re: Texans

Post by dan_s »

The Cowboys are good because they know the importance of a good offensive line. They may have the best O-Line in the NFL. The Texans may have the worst O-Line.

A good O-Line makes all of the "skill players" look better.

I played on the O-Line for Tulsa University 1972 to 1975. We passed the ball about 80% of the time. Drew Pearson was a senior when I was a freshman. Drew is a super nice guy. He went to the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group