Sweet 16 Stocks "On Sale"

dan_s

Sweet 16 Stocks "On Sale"

Post by dan_s »

Here is a list of the Sweet 16 Growth Portfolio stocks that, as of the May 6 closing, are now trading at less than 5X my cash flow per share forecast for 2011:

> Gran Tierra (GTE): The company is heavily weighted to oil and will show sharp production growth this year.
> Mitcham Industries (MIND): Debt free and on-track to report record Q1 results.
> PetroBank (PBG.TO): Two of their Canadian Oil Sands projects come on-line this year.
> Petrominerales (PMG.TO): Look for 22% quarter-over-quarter production growth in Q1. PMG has incredible upside.
> Patterson-UTI (PTEN): The second largerst onshore driller will be reporting a sharp increase in their rig utilization in Q3 and their average dayrates will be going up as more of their new APEX rigs hit the market. 18 of the 25 APEX rigs under construction already have long-term contracts in place.
> Plains E&P (PXP): The company reported strong Q1 results. PXP is one of Goldman Sachs top picks.

The average multiple for all the Sweet 16 is 6.15 X my 2011 CFPS forecast. This is the lowest I have seen it in years.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group