Bobcats in Sugar Land

dan_s

Bobcats in Sugar Land

Post by dan_s »

This video was shot at the corner of our street: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOih8wi8uo4

Hurricane Harvey displaced a lot of animals in our area. We now believe that 3 or 4 bobcats live in a small wetlands area (less than 20 acres) that is only 50 yards from our front door. They are much smaller than a puma, but you would not want one to attack you.

We've also seen an increase in deer this year. Deer hunting season starts this week and we always see a lot of "smart" deer in our neighborhood during the hunting season.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
par_putt

Re: Bobcats in Sugar Land

Post by par_putt »

We have lots of Bobcats in Dallas suburbs like Plano and McKinney. They are not a problem except for an occasional small pet.
The moms like to raise their young in the storm drains and it provides a place for them to play while they are growing up.
They are Beautiful animals

Thanks for the ninepoint msg , I hope they are correct in their thinking.
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

The house on the corner (5 doors from us) is owned by a young couple that just moved in last spring. The man works for ABC news and they have a five year old son. They freaked out when they saw three bobcats in the tree in their backyard. We've lived here 24 years and I've never seen one.
My son lives in Frisco and they have seen bobcats in their backyard many times.

We used to see a lot of wild pigs, but I haven't seen one in several years. Lots of deer in this area.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
par_putt

Post by par_putt »

No wild pigs is good.....