My take on EV's

dan_s

My take on EV's

Post by dan_s »

Electric Vehicles (EV) will increase as a percentage of cars and trucks on the road, but at a much slower pace than "AOC's Gang" would like.

Why? Because the material needed to build them are going to get very expensive.

Example in this note from Adam A. Rozencwajg, CFA | Managing Partner Goehring & Rozencwajg Associates

After bottoming at $1.95 per pound in early 2016, copper prices have more than doubled. Copper has emerged as a leader in this commodity bull market, and we are strong believers that prices are heading significantly higher – potentially $15 per pound.

While our past commentaries have focused on emerging market and green energy-related demand for copper, our newest commentary, The Problems with Copper Supply, hits the other side of the equation. Our models today strongly suggest copper mine supply growth will grind to a halt this decade, pushing copper prices far higher than anyone expects.

We appreciate your interest and continued support.

Sincerely,
Adam
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Fraser921

Re: My take on EV's

Post by Fraser921 »

Speaking for myself, I have no desire for an EV. They will cost a fortune to fix and maintain.
dan_s

Re: My take on EV's

Post by dan_s »

My take is that unless they can bring the cost of EV's way down, most people won't buy one. The hassle of taking hours to recharge an EV is a turnoff unless they are much cheaper. Near-term, I see EV's having very little impact on oil demand.

Can you imagine having just an EV and living through days of a power outage like we had in February?
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group