East Palestine Train Derailment should never happen ...

dan_s

East Palestine Train Derailment should never happen ...

Post by dan_s »

if we had more common sense in Washington DC.

"The Department of Transportation numbers have shown that 99.999997% of oil and natural gas is moved safely via pipelines."

Mark my words: The fallout from the train wreck near East Palestine, Ohio will be result in more Climate Change Wackos calling for a pan on all shipments of oil to be halted by rail. At the same time they do everything they can to block new pipelines.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Fraser921

Re: East Palestine Train Derailment should never happen ...

Post by Fraser921 »

https://open.substack.com/pub/blackmon/ ... dium=email

“This administration is distracted. They’re hyper-focused on their climate agenda, and while they’re doing that, they’re ignoring the real work of the EPA.”

This is it, exactly. Congress created the U.S. EPA to work to clean up the environment, to deal with real pollution and real environmental disasters and their cleanup. It was not created to obsess over how much plant food is in the atmosphere.

Dealing with an environmental disaster like this vinyl chloride spill is supposed to be the EPA’s core duty. Instead, this administration treats it like an inconvenience, and the residents in that region suffer as a result.

EPA Administrator Mike Regan, who finally made his way out to East Palestine on Friday - which is better than Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg has done - idiotically said “I want them (East Palestine residents) to trust the government.”

My goodness. What reason has Regan or anyone in the Biden administration given those people that would lead them to believe they can trust the feds to deal with this environmental catastrophe? That’s just a completely brain dead statement to make.