North European Oil Royalty Trust (NRT)

mkarpoff

North European Oil Royalty Trust (NRT)

Post by mkarpoff »

It is time to revisit NRT, a micro-cap that I introduced to fellow members about 3 years ago, as it is a perfect fit opportunity, if you agree with Dan's natgas thesis (I do) to play out in the next couple of years.
NRT is a micro, micro company. You can count the number of full-time employees on one hand. It is domiciled here in the USA, and it has a simple business; it owns royalty rights in what is primarily a natgas field, which is located in Germany, and is operated by a Shell-led consortium. There it is; the entire business in one sentence. I have been in and out of the company a number of times over the years for a simple reason; when natgas (and oil) goes up NRT gives investors outsized capital gains, and outsized divs, but when energy goes down, the same holds true, but in reverse.
The shares have recently been in downturn mode, and they are trading close to 52 week lows. I may be wrong, but I expect that they may go a bit lower, and stay there awhile. Generally, that is buy time for NRT. If you look at their long term chart, you will see what I mean. Its current forward yield is about 7%, which is about as low as it gets.
I bought 10 shares today in order to keep a very close eye on the company. However, in the past, I have owned up to 1500 shares. The key is, no surprise, to buy them at a propitious moment, which is exactly what I hope to do.
aja57

Re: North European Oil Royalty Trust (NRT)

Post by aja57 »

Looks like you need to be patient. Technically it is in free fall. A German nat gas field outcome may look like a German nuclear reactor with those idiots in power. Might look interesting below 7.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/08rQH6iu/
Fraser921

Post by Fraser921 »

Ty for the “tip”. Keep them coming!
mkarpoff

Post by mkarpoff »

Aja, NRT in freefall is exactly when you want to start paying attention to it.