December 21st Webinar

dan_s

December 21st Webinar

Post by dan_s »

On December 21st my weekly Oil & Gas Market Update will be a live event. After I give a 20 minute update on the market, I will take questions on my oil & gas price deck and on any of our model portfolio companies.

You must register on the EPG website to attend the live event.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Fraser921

Re: December 21st Webinar

Post by Fraser921 »

can we dial in and listen in?
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Send an email to Sabrina at energyprospectus@gmail.com and ask her.

Sabrina and her husband Jeff are my "Tech Staff".
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Lbark

Post by Lbark »

excellent webinar. Thanks so much for it. Your programs have been great. You did answer my question on hedging. I do NOT want to hedge futures but have been trying to understand how collars, swaps, et al impact income statement and your snapshots are useful. Do you ever follow the commitment of traders reports and if so what do you look for there?
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

In general, I don't follow the commitment of traders reports. However, when the paper traders reduce their long positions on oil to way below normal, I view that as bullish because eventually they will revert to the average.

My advice is to develop a long-term macro forecast on where oil & gas prices will go and invest accordingly. High volatility of oil and gas prices are keeping a lot of investors on the sidelines, but most upstream companies are very profitable at today's oil price. My view is that barring a MAJOR recession, demand for oil will continue to increase by 1% to 2% per year and demand for natural gas (the "clean" fossil fuel) will increase at an even higher percentage. Most of the "cheap oil" has been harvested. Higher oil prices will be needed to attract the capital necessary to find and develop new oil supplies.

We appreciate your support.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group